You want to contribute? Great!
There are a number of fields where contributions are welcome:
- development, extension and implementation of tools for scenery creation, manipulation and processing (mainly the latter),
- looking out for and reporting about freely available scenery data ("free" at least in the sense of GPL-type free-speech, better yet "free" in the sense of "public domain"),
- providing additions or corrections to Robin Peel's airport and nav-aid database using TaxiDraw or other suitable tools,
- digitise yourself from legal/free sources,
- test the available methods and tools and provide feedback.
Unfortunately, the last point is a specifically critical point as we are often unable to keep the pages really up to date due to real-life time constraints. However, from time to time there is a burst of updates going on, so keep on coming back or simply contact us.
A good source of information is also the FlightGear-Developers mailing list, on which we often report on our newest endeavours.
It is a good idea to first contact us to discuss the details and to avoid doing things twice or in an incompatible manner. We are always open to new ideas.